Help Support the Eastern Trail!
You can join in with the many activities going on related to building, promoting and enjoying the Eastern Trail. Get involved! Help us in our drive toward "1,000 Friends of the Eastern Trail."
Join the Eastern Trail Alliance
Enjoy the Trail
- Check out our Events Calendar that lists all activities that we know about that take place on, or are otherwise related to, the Eastern Trail
ET Map Guide
- Get a Trail Guide - click here to find out how to buy or download our comprehensive 28-page spiral-bound booklet that outlines each segment of our extensive on- and off-road trail network.
- Come visit our Trail if you don't live nearby. There is lots to see, and many places to stay (many linked to from our Lodging page).
- Consider leading an activity on the trail - a walk, a bicycle ride, OR a birding expedition. Please
if you have an idea for such an outing.
- ETA Members enjoying the Eastern Trail near Bug LightConsider hosting an event on the trail that takes advantage of its fine resources. An example of such an event is the Snowy Egret Run/Walk for the Marsh. Such events need to fill out a Event Request Application.
Help Build the Trail
- Close the Gap! is our latest campaign to raise funds to build a portion of the Eastern Trail. We are aiming specifically to close a 1.6-mile “gap” that interrupts off-road travel between South Portland and Saco. Please help us as you can.
- We have many opportunities for volunteers to help us with the work of building and promoting the trail. Go to our list of upcoming events for descriptions of some of the volunteer help that we need.
- Our biggest event relies extensively on volunteer support - the next Maine Lighthouse Ride will be held September 9, 2017. Click here to read a description of volunteer needs for this fun event! We are looking to fill certain key roles - traffic control, rider information and directions, and rest stop support. For more information or to volunteer please contact
ETA Information Booth - telling others about the Eastern TrailTell Others about the Trail
- We have many opportunities to take the message of the Eastern Trail to others in southern Maine. We need assistants to operate the laptop and projector when one of our Trustees makes a presentation.
- We also look for volunteers to staff our exhibition booth which we put up at various events in southern Maine. See the list of upcoming events here.